Effective Date: August 10, 2018
WHO WE ARE. OWNZONES is an entertainment technologies company whose proprietary technology significantly simplifies, speeds up and improves delivery to OTT and/or traditional broadcast endpoints globally. Simply put, we make it easier to prepare and deliver your content to viewers, whether they’re watching on the web, a mobile app or any connected device.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT. We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us and information that is automatically gathered when you use an OWNZONES Offering.
Information You Provide To Us. Depending on the OWNZONES Offering that you use, OWNZONES collects some or all of the following information, which you provide to us:
- First and last name;
- Street address;
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- IP Address;
- Company name (in some cases, this may be your employer);
- Financial and/or payment information (we use widely accepted third party service providers to collect sensitive personal information such as credit card information, for example, if you subscribe to an offering or purchase a product or service online);
- Information you share through social media networks, like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (for example, friends lists and public information), depending on your permissions and/or settings on such social media networks.
Information About Your Use of an OWNZONES Offering. We also automatically collect information as you use any OWNZONES Offering, including:
- Where you went;
- What you looked at;
- How long you viewed something;
- What interested you (for example, if you clicked on a photo or link);
- The timing, frequency and pattern of your use.
Supplying the foregoing information is entirely voluntary. We explain below how you can disable automatic collection of information through settings in your web browser. However, if you choose not to supply certain information, you might not have access to the OWNZONES Offerings, or you might only be able to use limited features of an OWNZONES Offering.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION. We collect information when you:
- Request information from us;
- Search for, subscribe to, or purchase an OWNZONES Offering;
- Create or administer your account on an OWNZONES Offering (and you might have more than one account if you have used more than one email address when using an OWNZONES Offering);
- Configure your settings for, provide data access permissions for, or otherwise interact with an OWNZONES Offering;
- Register for or attend an OWNZONES event;
- Purchase or use content, products, or services from third-party providers through an OWNZONES Offering);
- Offer your content, products, or services on or through an OWNZONES Offering (or other similar venues operated or provided by us);
- Communicate with us (e.g., by email);
- Complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or other information request forms;
- Post on an OWNZONES Offering or participate in community features;
- Employ our notification services, such as newsletters, product updates, or alerts;
- Connect or share with us through social media networks that you use, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
We collect information that you provide to us by filling out a form or by communicating with us through email or on community forums. In addition, we collect information from you through the use of “cookies” (a unique, random number that resides on your computer), web beacons, and similar technologies which track your activity, use, and responses to an OWNZONES Offering. A cookie collects anonymous data and will only tie you to that data if you provide identifying information, e.g. through a registration process. By showing how and when you use an OWNZONES Offering, cookies help us personalize the OWNZONES Offering for you, improve our OWNZONES Offerings, and track user trends and patterns. They also prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences where you have previously entered such information.
We may use web beacons and other methods to access cookies and to count users who visit or use an OWNZONES Offering or who open our email messages. Our servers may automatically collect limited information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, including your IP address, which tells computers attached to the Internet where to send data – such as the web pages you view. We use this information to deliver content to you upon request and to measure traffic within the OWNZONES Offering.
You can disable cookies and other tracking technology in your web browser, or use so-called “private browsing,” “incognito,” or “do not track” features of your web browser. Disabling cookies and other tracking functions may limit your access to, or reduce the functionality of, features of an OWNZONES Offering. OWNZONES will respect such requests from your browser but certain functionality of an OWNZONES Offering may be reduced.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. We collect your personal information for a variety of reasons, but in general, our goal is to provide you with better information, products, and services. We collect personal information in order to respond to queries; to provide an OWNZONES Offering that you have requested; to improve, support, or maintain an OWNZONES Offering for your use; to inform you of, and to deliver, changes and updates to your OWNZONES Offering; and to personalize features of an OWNZONES Offering. The information collected also allows us to analyze how people use OWNZONES Offerings and to track user interests, trends and patterns.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION. We use your personal information in a variety of ways. We use this information to customize features and, where applicable, advertising that may be offered on certain OWNZONES Offerings. We may provide your information to third parties, such as service providers, contractors, sponsors, and investors, in order to provide and improve our products and services. We may use third party analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us monitor and improve the OWNZONES Offerings and the user experience.
We may use your information to contact you for customer service purposes; to inform you of important changes, additions, and updates to an OWNZONES Offering, or about new OWNZONES Offerings; to notify you of event; book meetings with you; and to send you administrative notices, offers and other communications that may interest you.
We may share with third parties any of the information that we collect online about you and other visitors, except that we will not share your credit card number or other financial information with any third party unrelated to the authorized transaction, except as required by law.
When you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online – for example on ratings and reviews, community forums, or through email – that information can be seen, collected and used by others besides OWNZONES. We are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
OPTING OUT. At any time, you may ask us to delete your personal information from the OWNZONES Offering. Please email your unsubscribe or opt out request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the applicable OWNZONES Offering, your name, email address, and request to unsubscribe or opt out. We will delete your personal information from our databases within 72 hours after we become aware of your request. Aggregated information that may have been collected about you or your activities will remain but will no longer be linked to your personal information or identifiable with you.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION; SECURITY. We will not keep your personal information longer than necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. All information gathered on an OWNZONES Offering is stored within a database accessible only by us. We use reasonable industry standard security measures to protect your information. That being said, we cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information supplied will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet.